Hey the board's kind of dead... #bethezonesfriend on Facebook; lot more action, there. New dotcom coming soon...
"NEW HERE? SIGN UP & SHOOT US AN EMAIL... TELL US YOU AREN'T A SPAMMER! SFGAMZONEBORED[at]GMAIL[dot]COM"
Roller coaster nerdom
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Fright Fest 2010, Let's talk about it guys
M_Force_4_ever
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 11:12 AM

Little Dipper rider

Group: Members
Member No.: 257

So as you may know SF has switched from contracting out JPM to a fully in house production. I can personally guarantee you that this year's event will be awesome. So yeah, discuss.

--------------------
david
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 02:10 PM

American Eagle rider

Member No.: 278

My friend actually applied to work for Fright Fest, but they didn't accept him because they didn't need anymore actors.

So, either people REALLY want these jobs, or their not hiring that many people because he applied in July.

I can't wait to just go though!

--------------------
deuces
Mister_Twister
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 02:36 PM

Superman rider

Member No.: 6

I must be the only person alive bored by Fright Fest.
GreatAmericaFan17
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 02:42 PM

Spaceley's rider

Member No.: 136

I'm very curious about what it will be like this year.. I've been going since 2004 and I've just seen so many changes that they've made over the years. Is there any information pertaining to the haunted houses? Will Studio 13 be back and have the horror films? Will the trails be back? I REALLY hope they actually have more scare actors walking around this year, like 2005.. Anyone remember the Sliders back in the day in Seven Sins Cemetery? They always got me. I miss those guys, they had so many scare actors wandering around that year. 2009 was by far the worst year. Maybe this year they'll actually dye all of the water red.. like the flume ponds (if you remember in Yankee Harbor). I'm not counting on Blood River making a return, maybe Area 51 will be back in Hometown Square and aliens will finally wander around again. (Honestly? Last time I actually saw aliens was in 2007.. and then before in 2005..) I'm going on the first weekend, so we shall see how it is. I'm looking forward to it.

--------------------
Next planned trip - not sure as of yet.
Possibly going to Kemper Center in Kenosha to see Mayor Slayer and Janitor, and other characters.
M_Force_4_ever
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 08:25 PM

Little Dipper rider

I guarantee that this years event will be an excellent one. I'm fairly certain no one will be disappointed (unless they're trying to be)

--------------------
superbleachbrothers
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 08:51 PM

Lord of the Zone

Member No.: 155

FF is going to be interesting this year.

This post has been edited by superbleachbrothers on Sep 16 2010, 05:15 AM

--------------------
user posted image
SFGAmZone.com Member since May 20th, 2008
sixflagger3211
Posted: Sep 16 2010, 05:49 PM

V2 rider

Member No.: 18

Wow. I havn't posted on this site in a while. But I'm really pumped for FF. This fall is going to be sickk.

--------------------
Tiki
Posted: Sep 17 2010, 09:44 PM

Skull Island Native

Member No.: 289

I haven't been to FF in a long time.
But M Force seems so enthusiastic about it that I am going to make a point of going this year.

--------------------
Reached 1000 Posts on September 15th, 2011
First "Posting Freak" on SFGAMZONE
M_Force_4_ever
Posted: Sep 18 2010, 11:31 PM

Little Dipper rider

Well that's good because come on let's face it they have some good looking stuff from what I've seen

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I wonder how much one of those coffins weighs?

--------------------
jonrev
Posted: Sep 18 2010, 11:53 PM

LEMONCHILL 3:16

Group: ಠ_ಠ
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (M_Force_4_ever @ Sep 19 2010, 12:31 AM)

user posted image

I knew a guy had a car like that once. Fuckin' bastard killed himself in it. Son of a bitch was so mean, you could've poured boiling water down his throat and he would've pissed ice cubes!
david
Posted: Sep 19 2010, 12:19 AM

American Eagle rider

Member No.: 278

^^ Where is all that stuff? Is that in the Picnic Grove or...?

--------------------
deuces
M_Force_4_ever
Posted: Sep 19 2010, 07:50 AM

Little Dipper rider

It all looks like Necropolis to me

--------------------
Tiki
Posted: Sep 20 2010, 05:01 PM

Skull Island Native

Member No.: 289

It looks like the alley behind my building downtown.

--------------------
Reached 1000 Posts on September 15th, 2011
First "Posting Freak" on SFGAMZONE
GreatAmericaFan17
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 03:14 PM

Spaceley's rider

Here's the Line Up For Fright Fest 2010 this year, I think this may in fact be one of the best Fright Fest Line-Up's I've seen in years. This sounds pretty awesome. (Asides from the fact that the Seven Sins will be back.. sadly. Tinseltown will also be back this year, and there's nothing on the Clowns or Pirates in this information on the website, it says Necropolis will be located in Yankee Harbor.. does that mean that the entrance will be in Yankee Harbor again?? The Saw Live Haunted House sounds excellent!

Here's the information from the Six Flags Great America Website:

Face your Fears at Fright Fest presented by SNICKERS® with Chills by Day and Thrills by Night. Six Flags Great America transforms from theme park to scream park for the spookiest event of the season, including the all-new SAW LIVE haunted house. Experience kid-friendly fun during the day with themed rides and spook-proof activities but watch your back at night. You'll find scares around every corner and terror around every turn. Don't let your goose bumps hold you back from the spooktacular fun at Six Flags Great America! Weekends October 2 - October 31.

Bring your friends and family along for an experience you won't dare to forget with activities for everyone. Check below for our Fright Fest line-up!

Kid Friendly Activities:

Character Candy Trail Presented By Walgreens
Located in Yukon Territory
Free with park admission
Little ghouls and boos can join their favorite Looney Tunes friends to trick-or-treat through Yukon Territory Saturdays, Sundays and Columbus Day from 10am-2pm at the Character Candy Trail.

The Wiggles
Located at Wiggles World in County Fair
Free with park admission
The Wiggles continue their run with a Halloween themed show that won't send guests crying to their mummy.

Haunted Houses:

SAW LIVE
Located in Southwest Territory
Additional fee required
New this year, the most successful horror franchise in movie history comes to life at Six Flags Great America in the all-new SAW LIVE haunted house. Let the games begin as the master manipulator, Jigsaw, tests the nerve of all who enter. Come face-to-face with live actors and iconic traps based on scenes from the SAW films. If you thought the movies were terrifying, you won’t want to miss it LIVE!

Mausoleum of Terror: The Horror Heart of Necropolis
Located in Necropolis, in the Picnic Grove
Additional fee required
Long thought to be merely a myth, the Mausoleum of Terror stands as a monument to the dead where decaying citizens are dedicated to getting revenge on the living! You found your way in, but can you find your way out? Not recommended for children under 12 years of age due to graphic content and intense nature.

Studio 13 - Back Lot Horror Tour
Located in the Southwest Amphitheater
Additional fee required
See the remnants of this old studio lot that has been overtaken with zombies and ghouls. Can you handle the most intense studio tour ever?

Studio 13 - Area 51
Located in the Southwest Amphitheater
Additional fee required
Aliens have invaded Six Flags Great America! A long time mystery, this area houses all of the creatures the authorities don't want you to know about.

More Free Spooktacular Activities:

Necropolis: Haunted City of the Dead
Picnic Grove in Yankee Harbor
This is unlike any city you've ever visited. Bloodthirsty zombies and other creepy creatures lurk around every corner with several new haunts to explore...if you dare.

Seven Sins Cemetery
Orleans Place
Be on guard as you travel through this cemetery, encountering ghoulish characters depicting the seven sins.

Tinseltown Terror
Southwest Territory
Visit this long abandoned movie studio haunted by dearly-departed stars in movie history. The movies have never been so "reel." Will you survive your horror screen test?

Love at First Fright
Grand Music Hall in Hometown Square
Fright Fest's award-winning musical is back for its 20th smash season! Join Jack and Katie on their dare to spend a night in the cemetery. Be thoroughly entertained by this family-friendly show.

Dead Man's Party
Snowshoe Saloon in Yukon Territory and Hometown Square Stage
Party with the dead in the biggest musical bash this side of the graveyard. Zombies and ghouls come to life in this live musical concert. Bring your ghoul-friends and get ready for the party of the year.

Susan Rosen, Mistress of Mesmerism
Pictorium
Returning this Fright Fest, witness the marvels of world-renowned hypnosis Susan Rosen. Volunteer to fall under a spell during this mesmerising show in the Pictorium. You'll have to see it to believe it!

Full Moon Rocksplosion
Hometown Square Train Station Stage
This all-new pre-show and nighttime parade kicks off in Hometown Square with some of your favorite rock tunes performed live.

No One Lives Forever
Trolley in Hometown Square and Orleans Place
Join in the monster mash as the trolley stops throughout the park in this all-new zombie dance party.

Scary-oke
Food Court Stage - County Fair
Sing and dance in front of all of your ghoul-friends with the latest Halloween hits.

Zombie Jamboree Daytime Parade
Parade Route through Hometown Square, Carousel Plaza, Orleans Place and Mardi Gras
Ghouls and frightfully fun characters come marching in with this daytime parade.

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAmerica/event...ightfest10.aspx

--------------------
Possibly going to Kemper Center in Kenosha to see Mayor Slayer and Janitor, and other characters.
Luxornv
Posted: Sep 29 2010, 03:41 PM

Viper rider

Member No.: 133

QUOTE (Mister_Twister @ Sep 14 2010, 02:36 PM)
I must be the only person alive bored by Fright Fest.

No you're not.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Actual Coaster Count: 88
Member of Coaster Enthusiasts Anonymous
I'm Lux and I haven't ridden a roller coaster since August 26th, 2012.
amusementparknut
Posted: Oct 1 2010, 06:56 PM

V2 rider

Member No.: 298

I AM GOING TO MISS THE WHOLE THING
THE NEW HAUNTED HOUSES, THE NEW PARADE, THE OLD PARADE,
TERROR TWISTER, BLOOD BATH, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MISSED THE WHOLE F IN SEASON AND NOW I THINK I AM GOING TO BE MISSING ONE TERRIFIC FRIGHT FEST AND IF I KNOW MY SHITTY LUCK THE FRIGGIN WEATHER WILL BE BEAUTIFUL ALL OCTOBER AND THEN COME NEXT YEAR IF WE GET PASSES OCTOBER WILL BE SHITTY. SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. BTW DID I MENTION HOW MUCH THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jonrev
Posted: Oct 1 2010, 08:29 PM

^user posted image
superbleachbrothers
Posted: Oct 2 2010, 09:57 AM

Lord of the Zone

Member No.: 155

Going to FF on the 8th or 15th.

--------------------
user posted image
SFGAmZone.com Member since May 20th, 2008
Luxornv
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 06:00 PM

Viper rider

Member No.: 133

QUOTE (amusementparknut @ Oct 1 2010, 06:56 PM)
I AM GOING TO MISS THE WHOLE THING
THE NEW HAUNTED HOUSES, THE NEW PARADE, THE OLD PARADE,
TERROR TWISTER, BLOOD BATH, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MISSED THE WHOLE F IN SEASON AND NOW I THINK I AM GOING TO BE MISSING ONE TERRIFIC FRIGHT FEST AND IF I KNOW MY SHITTY LUCK THE FRIGGIN WEATHER WILL BE BEAUTIFUL ALL OCTOBER AND THEN COME NEXT YEAR IF WE GET PASSES OCTOBER WILL BE SHITTY. SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. BTW DID I MENTION HOW MUCH THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down. It's okay. I've only been to the park once this season and probably will miss FrightFest too. You can't always make it to the park, and it's okay. There will be a FrightFest next year.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Actual Coaster Count: 88
Member of Coaster Enthusiasts Anonymous
I'm Lux and I haven't ridden a roller coaster since August 26th, 2012.
sfgam123
Posted: Oct 6 2010, 07:40 AM

American Eagle rider

Member No.: 21

Well on the up side, frightfest I think is ALOT better than last year. Actors get more in your face, and I like the screen animation things in Necro.

--------------------
NO
GreatAmericaFan17
Posted: Oct 7 2010, 02:36 PM

Spaceley's rider

Fright Fest is good this year, needs improvements though. I really wish that they just made Southwest Territory into Area 51, would have been much better I think.
Did anyone notice the Carousel Pond was not red again on the first weekend? Way too dark. I don't get it. I wonder if that will change.

--------------------
213dittohead
Posted: Oct 7 2010, 04:50 PM

Member No.: 352

I think the red pond is my favorite part of fright fest. We're headed up tomorrow, took advantage of the 2011 season pass deal they had going on. Hopefully it's bright red when we walk through the gates!
M_Force_4_ever
Posted: Oct 14 2010, 10:06 PM

Little Dipper rider

I heard another one of the guys in hometown got a pair of those gloves the sliders wear. Sounds pretty cool, although it's to bad SFGAm doesn't have sliders anymore.

--------------------
benzo
Posted: Oct 14 2010, 10:39 PM

Member No.: 262

They need more fog. That is the only thing missing from the atmosphere that kills it for me. In 2008 they has lots of fog all around the park and it was really effective. I like all of the props and theming done this year, but until they crank out the fog I will continue to be disappointed.

--------------------
Cedar Point Ripcord/Skyscraper crew 2010-11
jonrev
Posted: Oct 25 2010, 07:54 PM

OK after doing Fright Fest a few times I finally have some opinions...

GOOD:
-Hometown Square. Everything... don't change a thing!
-Terror Twister 2. Now a total of 8 tracks and lighting sequences. Get the fog going and bricks will be shat!
-Demon.
-Werewolves by Iron Wolf
-Necropolis, the scaracters they do have are great!
-Ghost Train... (by the Demon tunnel)
-Pit and the Pendulum, and Blood Bath programs

BAD:
-Where the HELL is the fog?? Hometown is the only area that has it!
-Party City ads every 5 minutes.
-Music is lousy, what I was able to pay attention to was like a mix of the normal playlist with some Midnight Syndicate and the Halloween theme every hour.
-Necropolis. Only reason I put it in good and bad is because the scaracters they have are great, but they need MORE.
-Southwest Territory, everything but TT2. Didn't see one scaracter. Don't waste your money on the Amphitheater walkthroughs; you're through it in 2 minutes. Maybe if it was one large walkthrough it would be fine.
-Troll-less bridge. I'm sure the park could've come up with some new costumes to continue this, unless the entire concept of the Illinois Trollway is property of JPM.
-No Fiddler's Flung or Iron Werewolf.
-Pretty useless scaracters in Yankee. They won't do anything until provoked.
-Copy/paste for Seven Sins Cemetery.

BOTTOM LINE:
A good start for the park going in-house this year, it has the same old "vibe" as previous years. Some areas need more improvement than others, but I wouldn't go as far as the park's facebook fans and say it was "the worst year ever".
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1858 seconds | Archive
Amusement Park Authority - AmusementParkAuthority.com